A gift from you this holiday season puts a dent in “nature deficit disorder.”
Did you know?
· A nationwide poll from The Nature Conservancy found that most kids today use a computer, watch TV, or play video games daily, with only 10 percent spending time outdoors every day.
· 62 percent said they did not have transportation to natural areas.
· 61 percent said there were no natural areas near their homes.
· The Nature Center is within an hour’s drive or less of 6 million people.
· The Nature Center covers 3,621 acres and includes more than 20 miles of hiking trails, making this park one of the largest urban nature centers in the United States (nearly five times the size of Central Park).
Count yourself a “friend” of nature with a gift of $100 or more today to help impact the education, recreation, and preservation of our beautiful, natural world. (Suzanne Tuttle Photo)