Check out the Fort Worth Nature Center Podcast! The podcast is another way the Friends of the Fort Worth Nature Center keep you informed about what’s new and what’s happening at the nature center.
April 7, 2015: PARENTS AND PUPS STAMPEDE NATURE CENTER AT 23RD BUFFALO BOOGIE
Event includes foot race, family-friendly activities and raffle
Friends of the Fort Worth Nature Center & Refuge invites dogs and humans to the 23rd annual Buffalo Boogie on May 9 at 8:30 a.m. Proceeds from the 5K and one-mile fun run, which features live music and family-friendly activities, benefit the Nature Center.
October 30, 2014: ART SHOW TO BENEFIT FORT WORTH NATURE CENTER & REFUGE
Exhibition and sale features 44 local artists and their works reflecting the Texas natural environment
The Friends of the Fort Worth Nature Center & Refuge will host a benefit art exhibition and sale titled “Broadview: A Spectrum of Nature” beginning Nov. 7 and running through Nov. 23 at the Fort Worth Community Arts Center at 1300 Gendy St.
April 15, 2014: FORT WORTH NATURE CENTER & REFUGE CELEBRATES 50 WILD YEARS
Community and state leaders mark golden anniversary of landmark urban nature center
The Fort Worth Nature Center & Refuge, recognized as one of the most outstanding urban nature centers in the nation, throughout 2014 will celebrate 50 years of enhancing quality of life by providing sanctuary for wildlife and wildlife enthusiasts alike.
[Press Kit: Fact Sheet for Friends of the Fort Worth Nature Center; Fact Sheet for Fort Worth Nature Center & Refuge; photos upon request.]
50th ANNIVERSARY PUBLICATION: This book was created as a milestone piece, capturing the history and highlights of the Nature Center’s first 50 years. Download here: FWNC&R 50th
BLUESTEM NEWS (DOWNLOADABLE) is a quarterly newsletter produced by the Friends of the Fort Worth Nature Center & Refuge. For questions or comments, please contact Bluestem News Editor Sharon McKone at email@example.com.Bluestem News Fall 2016: Learn about upcoming events like Trails and Treats, North Texas Giving Day, new winter hours and more.
- Bluestem News March/April 2017: Learn about upcoming events like Trails and Treats, North Texas Giving Day, new winter hours and more.
- Bluestem News January/February 2017: Learn about upcoming events like Trails and Treats, North Texas Giving Day, new winter hours and more.
- Bluestem News Summer 2016: We mark the end of an era. Suzanne Tuttle retires as Nature Center Manager, and Natural Resources Manager Rob Denkhaus is named as successor.
- Bluestem News Spring 2016: Get an update on our Boardwalk renovation, a summary of the Warren M. Pulich Memorial Whooping Crane Trip, CCC news and more.
- Bluestem News Winter 2016: Our board world-class mycologist educates us on mushrooms found at the Nature Center, the new Texas Parks and Wildlife Department Paddling Trail is launched, and so much more.
- Bluestem News Fall 2015: New board members, annual meeting, acknowledging longtime member Murray James . . . it’s all here. Plus, learn more about a new Texas Parks & Wildlife Department Paddling Trail opening soon.
- Bluestem News Summer 2015: We recap highlights from last quarter, including new board members, our upcoming annual meeting, Buffalo Boogie and more.
- Bluestem News Spring 2015: This issue looks forward to the many exciting developments ahead for the Fort Worth Nature Center & Refuge in 2015 – everything from the 23rd annual Buffalo Boogie to welcoming new staff and exploring the future of Broadview Park.
- Bluestem News 2014 Winter Issue: This issue recaps many successful 2014 winter events, such as the Broadview: A Spectrum of Nature Art Show, while also providing a preview of upcoming spring 2015 happenings to mark on your calendar.
- Bluestem News 2014 Fall Issue: This issue provides an update on summer events, including the Friends’ annual meeting, plus looks forward to a season full of family-friendly fall events and celebrations.
- Bluestem News 2014 Summer Issue: This issue recaps the highlights of 50th anniversary events, including the Fort Worth Wild celebration and a plaque dedication at Broadview Park. Other high points include an overview of summer educational opportunities and a look at recent changes for the bison herd.
- Bluestem News 2014 Spring Issue: This issue includes news about our annual volunteer appreciation banquet, our 50th anniversary this year, educational articles and a personal recollection from a member who has participated in our Buffalo Boogie over the years.
- Bluestem News 2013 Winter Issue: This issue begins telling the history of the Nature Center, which started 50 years ago. Other articles include one on Miller-Coors corporate volunteers, a summary of our annual chili cook-off, info on our master naturalists and docents, and Trails and Treats.